Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Instant Paruppupodi

I had been to a shop by name Spice and Route in Mantri Mall , I just fell in love with the place, it has all spices fresh , ground spices, the aroma in the air inside the shop is just irresistible. Every time I visit Manthri mall I visit this shop. First time I went I bought red chilli flakes and garlics. The second time I visited I got garlic powder and red chilli powder :) .
So this how I got garlic powder and red chilli flakes which would  be the ingredients of the instant paruppu podi

Ingredients:
Chutney dhal - 1 cup (pottu kadalai)
Jeera powder - 1 spoon
Garlic powder - 1 spoon
Red chilli flakes/powder - 1-1.5 spoons (based on your spice level)
Salt to taste.

Grind all the above to fine powder, the instant Paruppu Podi is ready. You can increase / decrease the quantity of the jeera, garlic, chilli as per your taste.

If you are making it in small quantity which will be finished in one meal you can add fresh curry leaves when you grind, or if you have curry leaves powder you can add that one.

1 comment:

  1. This was extremely awesome di. Sorry for finishing it... Couldn't resist ;)

    ReplyDelete