Saturday, February 5, 2011

Indianised Pasta - Recipe from my team mate Manjula

My team mate Manjula used to get this for her lunch box. And when ever she gets it we used to taste it again and again. Its such a delicious pasta that she gets. At one point she started getting 2 boxes , one for us in the team. I got this recipe from her and made it at my place and this is a hit. My room mates simply love this pasta and in our monthly groceries list we always have this pasta packets in list.
I know that there is a name for each shape of the pasta. But I am not specific here.
We can use ribbon, shell or elbow shaped pasta/macroni.

Ingredients:
I use MTR macroni - 1 packet
1 big onion - finely chopped
1 tomato- chopped
1 capsicum- chopped
corriander leaves- chopped
pepper - 1/2 spoon(adjust to taste)
red chilli flakes- 1 tsp (adjust to taste)
salt to taste
pizza seasoning- 1 spn
 Oil- 2 -3 spns.

Method:
Boil the macaroni in a vessel with excess water with a spoon of oil for 10 minutes or less. Check the texture it should be just cooked , boiling it for long will make it mushy. After it is cooked drain the water and add cold water and drain it and do this twice until the heat goes off  and drain all the water and keep it aside. In a pan heat oil and add the chopped onions and fry until they are cooked, add the chilly flakes pepper salt , add the tomatoes and when tomatoes are cooked add the capsicum and cook for a while(do not add water) , when the capsicum is cooked add the pasta and mix it well. Add the pizza seasoning and coriander leaves and when the macaroni takes all the spices and veges taste switch off.

An italian touch to this:
I took a portion of the above prepared pasta and gave an Italian touch to it. heat half a spoon of oil in a pan and add 2-3 spoons of pasta sauce and cream cheese and heat well, when it bubbles add the above cooked pasta and mix it well and switch off the flame. you can add more salt or pepper taste.



3 comments:

  1. I nvr liked Pastas until I tasted this dear. Now, I'm your fan of your Pastas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made the Indianized version for dinner yesterday, and for the first time in life, I liked pasta. Thank you for the recipe....

    ReplyDelete